February 20, 2019
Join the fantasy fairy world at McAuley photographic studios in Heaton Chapel this Half Term on Friday 22nd or Saturday 23rd February when their studio will be transformed into a magical fairy glen.
Fairies aged between 2 and 9 years old will love dressing up in a choice of outfits and posing on our magical set. Photo shoot price £15 for up to 2 children including your favourite image on a mug.
Call to book now 0161 4431112 – Limited places available
February 20, 2019
If you’re in the mood for some giggles, MC and local Heatons resident Justin Moorhouse introduces two fantastic comedians – Star of Britain’s Got Talent – Daliso Chaponda Page and Dave Johns (AKA Daniel Blake)
£9 online with no booking fees, in person from the venue, or you can pay on the door if they have tickets left. Heatons Sports Club 3rd March – Doors 7.15pm Show 7.45pm.
Fully licensed. Cask ales. Ample free parking. All acts subject to change. Strong language and adult themes. Strictly over 18′s Further info on 07874 152 338
February 20, 2019
Calling all Artists! The Heatons Arts Trail is coming soon as promises to be bigger and better than ever.
Held on the 29th to the 30th June, applications are now open online. Join an eclectic group of local Artists and showcase your work on the 7th annual trail this summer.
So many of our trail artists will be exhibiting in this years Great Northern Contemporary Craft Fair, it’s a great opportunity to support local artisans and see some really beautiful unique handmade items including works on paper, ceramics, jewellery and furniture. Simply click on the link below to apply for this year’s trail. https://form.jotformeu.com/60132665902350…
February 18, 2019
- At £572.60, average weekly expenditure (all costs, adjusted for inflation) per household in the UK is at it its highest level since the financial year 2004–2005, according to data published in January 2019 by the Office for National Statistics.
- At £632.00 per week, households in owner occupation spend on average £52 more per week than those in the private rented sector at £580.10.
- Across the UK, the average weekly amount spent on a mortgage is £159.60, equivalent to 27% of total weekly expenditure. 44% of weekly mortgage costs are attributed to interest payments.
- For those in the private rented sector, rental costs account for 26% of weekly expenditure. Across London and Wales, the average spend on rent per week is higher than the average spent on a mortgage. In all but four regions, the differential is less than £20 per week.
February 18, 2019
- Close to one in three home hunters know the specific house or street they want to live in before starting a property search, according to new research by Zoopla
- Londoners are most likely to have a definite idea of location, virtually half (48%) have a specific street or house in mind. This compares to less than one in five across Wales and the South West
- If it’s not a specific street, then it’s most likely house hunters have an idea of what town they have in mind. A third of house hunters across the East of England, East Midlands, South East and Wales know which town or town(s) are of interest
- With just one in sixteen prospective home hunters having no clue as to their location of choice, as an agent, knowing the ins and outs of your local area is critical
February 13, 2019
New to the market is this impressive yielding studio apartment, just off the A6 in Heaton Norris.
Please check out my video for a tour of the property and more information:
February 13, 2019
- The income for HM Treasury from residential stamp duty receipts fell by nearly £1 billion in 2018 compared to 2017. It is estimated £8.454 billion was collected in 2018, a fall of £926 million compared to £9.471 billion in 2017.
- 20% of the fall is due to the devolution of the tax income to the Welsh Government. On 1st April 2018, Land Transaction Tax (LTT) replaced Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT) in Wales. Since April it is estimated the Welsh Revenue Authority has collected £177.9 million, from 48,140 property transactions.
- Across England, the revenue from the 3% Higher Rate of Additional Dwellings tax (HRAD) fell by 16.6%, while the number of properties purchased eligible to pay the HRAD fell by 8.7%.
- Nearly a quarter of a million (247,400) first-time buyers have benefited from the introduction of stamp duty relief on the 22nd November 2017, the estimated cost to the Treasury £570 million.
February 6, 2019
As the first month of 2019 draws to a close and with the property market a topic of much discussion across the media at the moment, I wanted to take this opportunity to review the first month of the year within our beloved SK4.
If media is to be believed, the property market is all doom and gloom with a very bleak outlook predicted. However, the reality over the last month has been somewhat different according to the latest Rightmove statistics.
In January 2018, 79 properties were brought to the rental market across SK4 of which 44 were ‘Let Agreed’. Leaving 45% of the market left wanting.
If we compare this to January 2019, far fewer properties were brought to the market – 69 in total. However of these, 52 were ‘Let Agreed’. A staggering 75% snapped up!
With many landlords quitting the buy-to-let market last year, supply has been reduced in the area at a time when demand is on the up. With Brexit looming and first time buyers potentially biding their time before they make a purchase, the demand for good quality rental stock is as high as ever.
This, in turn, is raising the rental prices in the area making it a great market for landlords and investors. Although property prices are not cheap, there are still bargains to be had and I list many of them on the ‘Investment Deals’ section of this blog. Solid yields are important but so is having continuity and a good quality tenant – something the Heatons thrives on with it being such a family orientated area.
The government is being tough on landlords and investors however the market is pushing back and the Heatons is certainly and area where rentals are flourishing.
If you have a rental property/portfolio, or are thinking about joining the army of landlords successfully renting in SK4, please do give me a call for any help or advice.
January 30, 2019
An opportunity has arisen to buy a very unusual semi-detached bungalow located on Mauldeth Road in Heaton Mersey.
January 23, 2019
If any of your off spring are bored over the Half Term, then Roost are hosting ‘Pizza Making Sessions’. The Roost team will help your little ones roll out their own dough, add favourite toppings and watch their creations come to life in a professional wood fired pizza oven. Running from 11.30am till 1pm, the two sessions are on the below dates.
Tuesday 19th February
Wednesday 20th February
Please call Roost on 0161 432 4666 to reserve your place. £10 per child which includes Pizza, Fries, Ice-Cream and Juice.
Suitable for ages 5 to 11.