September 18, 2018
- Working from home is increasingly popular, with almost a third of UK employees who use computers for their job, working remotely either every day or at least once a week. Those over 45 are most likely to work from home every day or almost every day.
- Remote working has the potential to alter the interior of our homes. Will there be a premium for new homes with built-in office space? Home-owners already weigh-up the costs and benefits of converting bedrooms and extending upwards or outwards to create work space.
- Homes in areas with superfast broadband are already in high demand. A recent poll found that 55% of UK house buyers would reject their ideal house if speeds were below 100 Mbps, with many willing to pay a premium.
September 18, 2018
- The new school year is underway for over 10 million children across England and Wales and school catchments rate highly for many choosing a home. How much more are home buyers prepared to pay to live close to an Ofsted rated outstanding school?
- An analysis of property sales across England and Wales (excluding London) over the last year reveals a 10% price premium associated to homes close to an outstanding primary school and 17% price premium associated to an outstanding secondary school.
- Properties located within one mile of an outstanding primary school sold for, on average, £22,686 more than properties within one mile of other schools, the price premium for secondary schools was £37,558.
- Detached houses attract the largest price premium, with buyers here having to find an extra £90,000+ to live within one mile of an outstanding school.
August 24, 2018
We can’t remember a time when there’s been more excitement about The Heatons property market. We’re having more and more conversations with the buyers and sellers we advise who realise that they’ve ‘timed their runs’ perfectly. As we’ve seen many times before; as the market turns a corner, momentum starts building very fast.
August 23, 2018
Rare it is that a property becomes available in ‘The Heatons for under £100k but this two bedroom apartment on Didsbury Road has just hit the market
August 22, 2018
Located at St Johns Road which is just off Didsbury Road, Heaton Mersey Collective are hosting an Artisan Market & Scarecrow Competition. Run with the help of the Stockport Lamplighters Rotary Club, this exciting event has a range of stalls offering top quality foods and drinks.
There will also be an Macmillan coffee event, a local history event and information and local charities and organisations. Simply pick up an application for the Scarecrow competition on the day OR email email@example.com to get a form.
Saturday 22nd September 2018 11am till 3pm – St Johns Road & St Johns Church.
August 22, 2018
Located just off Didsbury Road, Crescent Park are hosting a free family fun day ‘Picnic in the Park’.
This fantastic family day is bursting with events which include: Tradition Games with prizes to be won, Beat the Goalie, Music, Food & Drinks, Children’s Entertainer and a Giant Slide.
The organisers are more than happy for you to bring your own drink OR by all means buy food and drink from one of the dedicated volunteers.
Contact details – firstname.lastname@example.org 0161 613 1163
August 22, 2018
The annual golf day is almost upon us and Stockport CP is celebrating 25 years of this great competition, so they hope to make it the biggest and best yet! They have a selection of amazing raffle prizes this year including; Halle concert tickets; Stockport County tickets; Marriott V&A Afternoon tea vouchers and many, many more. The draw will take place in the evening at the golf day on Friday 14th September.
As always, Julian Wadden is sponsoring a hole and entering a four-ball team of the highest quality!
Look forward to seeing you there.
August 21, 2018
- The Summer of 2018 has certainly been memorable. England has enjoyed it’s strongest performance at the World Cup for many years while also enjoying (suffering) its longest, hottest summer on record.
- While Brits have been off enjoying the weather, thoughts of property purchases have taken a back seat for many. However, as we return to work after the long, hot summer, history suggests that agents may see a busy autumn.
- On average in the autumn following the last five driest, sunniest and warmest summers; 1995, 1996, 2003, 2006 and 2013, sales rates picked up by an average of 1.8%.
- However, in all other autumns since 1995, sales have declined by an average of 8.7% compared to the summer months.
August 20, 2018
Welcome to Paul who has joined our busy Heatons team as a Professional viewer.
August 16, 2018
- There are 14.4 million households across England who own their own home, either outright or with a mortgage. This is 63% of all households.
- Of these, the latest results from the Survey of English Housing estimate that 576,000 (4%) are planning to move within the next six months.
- Moving up the ladder to a larger home is the primary motivation for existing owners, although not for those who own their home outright. Almost a third of those who own outright are looking to downsize.
- As the new school year gets underway shortly, moving home to be in particular school catchment areas is a motivation for almost 10% of owners with a mortgage.