December 4, 2018
One of the best parts of this job is seeing peoples investment visions come to life.
I first met Alex over a year ago. He came into my office wanting a buy to let property in the area but wasn’t sure what to buy. We had a coffee and really great chat about the different types of property in the area, what you can buy for your money, what rents and yields can be achieved and what styles tenants look for.
Months and months went buy and Alex sent me lots of property links, came to see me with various brochures and we did a lot of viewings together.
Eventually we found the right property. Something which he could put his own stamp on (instantly increasing its value), in a great location, which would rent for a great price.
The sale went through and we spoke about tradesmen, paint colours, tiles, light shades – you name it! Over the last 3 months Alex and his team have worked tirelessly transforming the property into the most stunning buy to let. We placed it on the market and to no surprise, secured a brilliant tenant, at full asking rent, on the very first viewing.
Alex’s vision was very clear, however he fully accepted and embraced the local knowledge and guidance I could give him and I feel very proud to have been a small part of the amazing property he has brought to the rental market. The new tenant is moving in shortly and we look forward to managing this tenancy for him going forward to ensure the high standard is kept.
If you would like any help or guidance with an investment property or purchase, please do come in and see me and we can have a chat. I’d love to work with you.
November 20, 2018
This coming weekend see’s one of the highlights of the Heatons calendar. On Sunday 2nd December 2018 from 11am to 6pm, Shaw Road will be awash with festive entertainment. There will be music, delicious food / drink and lots of gorgeous market stalls full of ideal gifts. A little elf friend tells me Father Christmas will be arriving on a special sleigh at 12noon. Around this time of year he’s very busy, so apparently he’s staying until 5.30pm, so this giving plenty of time for him to meet all the girls and boys. There will also be a snowman trail leaving from at Thom’s Bar & Restaurant at 11am.
If you fancy volunteering for this excellent family fun event, please make contact with the Four Heatons Traders Association. Volunteers are essential for this event to take place.
November 20, 2018
There are 4 million children who live in poverty across the UK, and for these families buying Christmas presents is a luxury they can’t afford. That’s why Hit’s Radio has joined up with Cash for Kids and launched Mission Christmas. We are delighted to announce that Julian Wadden are taking part in Cash for Kids 2018. All 5 of our offices at Stockport Exchange, Didsbury, The Heatons, Reddish and Marple will be used as drop off points over the coming weeks.
November 20, 2018
Evolved by local Heatons residents in 1997, ‘Friends of Heaton Moor Park’ are a group of volunteers which initially aimed to reverse the poor conditions of the park at the time. With years of hard work, this beautiful park has been transformed into a gorgeous area of Heaton Moor where people can relax, stroll etc. With regular meeting which discuss the park’s management, maintenance and improvement, this brilliant and well run organization has a number of events coming up.
Knitting Friends – Nov 23rd, 10 – 12pm – Experienced and novice knitters all welcome! Friendly group that enjoys the knitting, the company, the coffee and the chat.
The Heaton Moor Strollers – Nov 26th, 1:30pm – 2:00pm – Meet at the Moor Club, 35 Heaton Moor Road (next to the Elizabethan pub; formerly the Conservative Club). They then set out for a stroll around Heaton Moor Park and possibly points further. After about 30 minutes, the group returns to the Moor Club where tea, coffee and other beverages can be purchased. A great way to exercise and meet others.
Friends of Heaton Moor Park Meeting – December 3rd – Focus will be on planning the Christmas event.
Moor Running Friends – The Moor Running Friends offers a way to keep fit, improve your running techniques and get to know a great group of people. Running Friends meets at Heaton Moor Park on the 2 or 3 ‘middle Saturdays’ of each month. (On the first and last Saturday, they meet elsewhere – for full details see www.facebook.com/MoorRunningFriends/
Garden in the Park – Dec 8th, 11:00am – 3:00pm – Spend an hour or two with our friendly group and make Heaton Moor Park even lovelier! The You may wish to bring gloves and your own hand tools – other tools are provided.
Refreshments in the pavilion at 1 pm. Just look out for people with rakes/wheelbarrows/secateurs. All welcome. Garden in the Park takes place every 2nd Saturday of the month.
November 15, 2018
- A quick analysis of sales volumes to date in 2018 indicates that in areas where sales have increased compared to the same period last year, on average virtually half of all properties have access to ultra-fast broadband, with an average download speed of 46.4mbps.
- In contrast, in those areas where sales have fallen, just under one third of properties have access to ultra-fast broadband and the average download speed is slightly lower at just 42.9mbps.
- While broadband coverage and speed may well not be the most important factors in choosing which home to buy, their impact on daily life is ever increasing. 89% of adults now use the internet each week, up from just 51% in 2006 (ONS), and a rising proportion of the population works from home for at least part of the week.
- Upgrade to Inform’s new local demographic pages for analysis of connectivity in your area and check our blog to find out more.
November 15, 2018
- A drop of more than a third of the average sole agency fee for a traditional estate agent in the UK, to 1.18% (plus VAT), since 2011 makes it among the cheapest prime location for agent fees in the world.
- Of the places analysed, only China and Hong Kong had lower seller-side fees at 0.5% and 1.0% respectively. Other countries with significantly higher seller fees including Mexico (7.5%), the USA (5.5%) and France (5%).
- The UK comes out as the cheapest location to buy in terms of estate agent fees when you consider the combined buying and selling commission fees (assuming no buying agent is used).
- A survey carried out by TheAdvisory of over 2,000 property sellers in England and Wales, which was reported by Prime Resi, also identified that 95% chose a traditional agent over a new online and hybrid agencies (often with ‘no sale no fee’) to sell their home.
November 14, 2018
As a Landlord, are you are aware of the imminent tax changes that are potentially affecting Buy to Let Landlords?
These changes were introduced in April 2017 and progressively increase the tax liabilities of all 40% tax paying Landlords who have Buy to Let mortgages. Is this you?
The first time you may become aware of this extra tax burden could be when you receive your next tax demand in January 2019.
We are recommending a meeting with our internal Buy to Let Expert to talk you through the implications and potential solutions.
Please call on 0161 442 1118 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a convenient time for either a telephone or face to face meeting.
November 6, 2018
- A property was sold somewhere across England and Wales every 9 seconds of working hours between January and July of this year.
- With 10 regions in the country, assuming an even distribution, this would equate to a property sale in every region within a minute and a half period. However, with regional differences including the number of available properties and volume of housing stock, there are variations.
- In the South East and North West, a property was sold during every working minute of the day.
- In the North East where fewer properties are sold than in other, more densely populated regions, there was still a sale every 3 minutes.
October 18, 2018
The Heatons Sports Club are holding another action packed fireworks display on Monday 5th November. Gates open at 6.00pm with the display starting at 7.45pm.
Along with the stunning display the event boasts Childrens Rides, Refreshments, delicious food available and indoor / outdoor bars.
£10 Family tickets available from the club in advance Monday to Thursday from 6pm, Friday, Saturday & Sunday from 12 noon. (Family ticket 2 adults and up to 3 children under 16).
Enjoy and stay safe.
October 18, 2018
A current project strongly highlighted by the Heatons Traders Association is to generate a greater awareness of the harm plastic is doing to our world. Headed up by local resident Jodi Flannery of Eco-Me-Consultancy, ‘Kick The Plastic’ is wanting to help reduce the use of plastic within The Heatons. Jodi is hoping to investigate recycling options throughout the area and link up with local community groups and businesses to see how we all can use more sustainable products and non-plastic alternative options. If this is close to your heart, by all means pick up a Julian Wadden bag for life from our local Heaton Moor office.
For further information please visit the #KickThePlastic on Jodies dedicated Instagram page or simply send an e-mail. email@example.com